Good Morning KS2, it’s Monday 30th March 2020.
I hope you have all had a nice relaxing weekend and are ready for some super learning.
See you all soon :)
Tuesday 24th March 2020
Good morning KS2, Hope you are all well and working hard. Here are the learning activities for today.
From all the KS2 teachers :)
Hello everyone thought you might want to use the relevant writing, spelling and grammar word mats provided to support the daily learning activities with your children. Hope they help :)
Please make sure you child has the correct clothing in school on their Forest School dates in order to take part in the session.(She dates below)
Their Forest School kit should include:
Here are some suggestions to help you learn your spellings...
1. Choose 5 words at time to focus on over the week using a 'Look, cover, write check' approach.
2. Choose 5 words at a time to try and write in different sentences across the week. This will really help the children understand the word and the contexts it can be used in.
3. Choose words, and challenge yourself to use them at different places within a sentence - start, middle and end. (Special toys are kept on the shelf. I love the special things you do for me. The letter is so special.)
4. Choose words and look up their meaning in the dictionary.
5. Write the words in interesting ways - turning them into pictures.
6. Write words and use dots and dashes to count the phonemes (sounds) E.g W eigh t = 3 sounds
7. Dictation - Adult reads the word in a sentence, and the child records the sentence.
8. 'Speed spell' See how many times you can write the word in 30 seconds. Challenge an adult!
We hope this gives you some interesting alternatives to learning spellings.
Our topic this term is Brilliant Bodies, to begin the topic can you find the answers to these questions?
Which foods provides us with vitamin C ?
Which foods help us to have strong bones?
Which foods can vegetarians eat to get protein?
Good luck with your research!